Good idea?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:22 pm

Total votes: 0

appleton
Technical Administrator
Political Stand: Liberal

Improvements

Post by appleton » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:33 pm

I am looking into adding some content on let politics talk. What would everyone think?

Something like this for the main page.

http://www.letpoliticstalk.com/main/index.php

Where we can add latest news, have a link back to the forums. Have it open for comments etc.

What does everyone think?

I'm hoping this will help attract more visitors.

Matt :)
Last edited by appleton on Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist. Madmen in authority, who hear voices in the air, are distilling their frenzy from some academic scribbler of a few years back" - John Maynard Keynes

Lad
Global Moderator
Political Stand:

RE: Improvements

Post by Lad » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:05 pm

Anything is worth a try. :)
War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.

Lass
Global Moderator
Political Stand:

Post by Lass » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:45 pm

Didn't see this. Nice sorta contemporary style, though it doesn't look quite so obviously like a discussion board. :)
Above all, I would teach him to tell the truth ... Truth-telling, I have found, is the key to responsible citizenship. The thousands of criminals I have seen in 40 years of law enforcement have had one thing in common: Every single one was a liar. [JE Hoover]

appleton
Technical Administrator

Post by appleton » Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:00 pm

Forums would be linked in (will be able to select from the right). The theme will most likely change. Users can apply for poster status to post news on the main site they will have access to a user cp to post this.

Just thinking about adding a little extendibility to the forum :)

Matt
"Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist. Madmen in authority, who hear voices in the air, are distilling their frenzy from some academic scribbler of a few years back" - John Maynard Keynes

appleton
Technical Administrator

Post by appleton » Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:45 pm

Not sure if this would be good and I know that people would have to edit it frequently to stay up to date content wise. I was thinking of something else maybe like a wiki were anyone can add articles in. Although I am not familiar with integrating that in and making it look good.

I think the best thing is to get 3 systems up and running. Content management system, blog (integrated) and a wiki and we can see which one looks it home in our environment.

Really I am not 100% sure what would be best. I am thinking of moving this topic out so all members can see and discuss this.

Matt
Last edited by appleton on Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lad
Global Moderator
Political Stand:

Post by Lad » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:21 pm

I think you are unlikely to get much response. There are still few active members currently posting.
War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.

appleton
Technical Administrator

Post by appleton » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:45 pm

No harm in trying... :)

Post your thoughts here. Everyone we need your input!
Last edited by appleton on Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Luke
Political Stand:

Post by Luke » Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:53 am

Seems a little too conventional for a discussion board, particularly for one whose users use the more professional writing style, etc. that I'd like us to be. But it's worth a try. :) I know you've built some theme selection options on other forums you've made, would it be possible to integrate this into a theme and allow users to choose the one that appeals to them?
"I invented the Internet." - Al Gore

appleton
Technical Administrator

Post by appleton » Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:23 pm

Seems a little too conventional for a discussion board
Hey Luke,

Not sure by what you mean there. The point in this is to expand let politics talk from just a message board. Adding things like news feeds, user posted content etc and some games. Something that makes users reurn and get interested in the community.
Seems a little too conventional for a discussion board, particularly for one whose users use the more professional writing style, etc.
If you could explain what you mean by that I woul appreciate it. I read through it a few times and my pea brain still hasn't got it :tongue: .
I know you've built some theme selection options on other forums you've made, would it be possible to integrate this into a theme and allow users to choose the one that appeals to them?
Sure! By this I assume you mean integrate the site or whatever we have if it goes ahead and allow users to select themes in their user control panel that suits them? Basically theme additions?

Thanks for the input! :wink:

Luke
Political Stand:

Post by Luke » Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:08 pm

matt wrote: Hey Luke,

Not sure by what you mean there. The point in this is to expand let politics talk from just a message board. Adding things like news feeds, user posted content etc and some games. Something that makes users reurn and get interested in the community.
I see. So it should fit well then.

If you could explain what you mean by that I woul appreciate it. I read through it a few times and my pea brain still hasn't got it :tongue: .
Lol. A lot of forums use the new shortcut-English without all the proper spelling, punctuation, etc. Let Politics Talk seems to be a cut above in this area so far. :)
Sure! By this I assume you mean integrate the site or whatever we have if it goes ahead and allow users to select themes in their user control panel that suits them? Basically theme additions?
Yep.
"I invented the Internet." - Al Gore